Friday, October 09, 2009

I miss the 90's


I grew up in the 90's and feel those times were so much better than now, all of these technological dependencies are anoying and actually make things harder as well as impersonal.  You don't ever have to even meet someone if you see thier twitter, Facebook, blog, and text. The 90's were a time when actualy disney shows were played on disney, kids were more naive and not trying to be 21, and things seemed a bit more wholesome. Times in the 90's were more fun, the music was better, and I want to go back!  Alot of my friends call me such a 90's child :)


 A FEW Favorite things of the 90's
Music
Nirvana- a favorite Smells Like Teen Spirit
(of course)
Spin Doctors- Two Princes
Sister Hazel- ANYTHING :)
Matchbox Twenty- once again all songs are favorites
Fastball
Vertical Horizon
Wallflowers
The mighty mighty bosstones
New Kids on the Block
Backstreet Boys
Spice Girls
Billy Ray Cyrus- My first concert :)
Ricky Martin- My second Concert


 Movies
3 Ninjas
The God Father
Parenthood- I liked that movie at an oddly young age
Billy Madison- A Classic :) I love Adam Sandler
All the teen movies -
Ten Things I Hate About You
Clueless
Never Been Kissed
Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead
She's All That
Whatever It Takes

Shows
Beverly Hills 90210- Changed my life and will forever be a favorite, Lovvvve Dylan :)

Saved by the Bell ( Ironic history, Kelly from Beverly Hills 90210 auditioned for Kelly on Saved By The Bell, and Tiffani Amber beat her for the role, however later on Bevery Hills, Tiffani Amber joins the cast)
Sabrina
The original All That cast members                                                                   Friends
Teen Angel- Freddie Prinze was in it

Trends
Platform shoes
DENIM was a huge deal as well as made huge pants which is much different than the ultra-skinny pant now-a-days
the loud colors
crop tops
high waisted bottoms
blazers
Bright colors especially on windbreakers and pants- Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Saved By the Bell demonstrated this beautifully :)
scrunchies
leggings
jellies
The Rachel Hair
slap bracelets
Toys that didn't talk or light up or act like it's alive! Kids actually had imaginations


Sayings
As if
The bomb
Word
She's all, I'm all (instead of using like)
brutal
buggin
phat
dope
fly
fresh
off the-hook
Doi (later on became Duh)
jiggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate