Monday, December 01, 2014

Cold Weather Must-Haves

Any day at any given time...
There comes a time for touch up, a fix-up, or a do-over...




For things that can be mended, I like to keep a little kit of my must-haves that I change up season-to-season tailoring to my needs:


For winter, the following items keep my skin soft, my hair in place, my lips kiss-worthy, and my batting eyes as something to remember...



My biggest secret and favorite thing on the planet is Coconut oil.
Use it to take off your make up at night, keep your cuticles hydrated, and your skin for that matter, dab a little on your cheek bones and lips for a healthy clean looking glow on the go.
Food drink


Call me crazy but before your hair stands on end, gently rub a dryer sheet through your locks.
It gets rid of static that is oh so common in the cold months.

Crate & Barrel Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day ® Lavender Dryer Sheets



For the face, I like a clean look, and a product that will do more jobs than one, especially if I am out all day and can't spare the time or hand-bag space to pack my vanity.
Dr. Brandt BB Matte Shine Erase lives up to it's name and more.

It covers and evens out skin tone, maintaining a glow and helps minimize the shine throughout the day.
Let your personality and wardrobe shine...not your face.

dr. Brandt BB matte with signature shine erase, medium to dark 1 oz (30 ml)



My other favorite skin multi-tasker is Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment

This bottle of goodness keeps you looking air-brushed all the live long day

tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen




Throughout the day a swipe of some fresh mascara over top of your current lash-state gives your look a brighter kick, rejuvenating you eyes for that ever-so-deserved Happy Hour

Benefit Cosmetics Sweet BADitude




Lipstick should never be underestimated or forgotten...
One cannot simply explain the ego-change lipstick gives your soul...

Glide it on once...and you'll never look back...



ILIA Lip Stick & Crayon Set





I always carry a nude lip liner, even if I am going with minimal make up that day, defining the lips gives a more polished appeal.


MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil





Keeping in spirits of simplistic and on-the-go... I AM IN LOVE with this Vitamin E Stick by Reviva

I dab it along my cheek bones, eyes, and lips. 


REVIVA LABS Vitamin E Stick 3.5 grams



Lipstick is a fantastic make-up choice when you are short on time, meeting someone last minute, and need a "pop" to your look

From personal experience MAC is a trustworthy companion. Even as it fades throughout the day it never looks smudged, keeping you from feeling self-conscious in the midst of hors d'oeurvre nibbling. 


M·A·C Lipstick, Heirloom Mix Collection




Keep your go-to's in a little case for easy access:


Cosmetic Cases for the Holiday Gal on the Go



Lilly Pulitzer dopp bag
neimanmarcus.com

Harrods hardware bag
$24 - harrods.com

Harrods pouch purse
$24 - harrods.com

Pieces tassel bag
$19 - pieces.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate